Friday 12 September 2008

Yeast Vite

A very early Yeast Vite bottle - "The New And Wonderful Treatment of Pure Yeast Vitamins".

A box of Yeast Vite was always to be found in my grandmother's handbag. She swore by the little brown tablets to give an energy boost and settle the nerves. This blotter, printed in 1929 ready for 1930, proclaims: "YEAST-VITE TABLETS - The greatest Medical Discovery of the Century."


A whole series of ads, depicting men and women discovering the benefits of Yeast-Vite, appeared in newspapers in 1947 and 1948.


A Yeast-Vite box from the 1960s.


1982 - a far cry from the 1947 woman "done up, aching all over" and not half finished the washing yet! This lady has big hair, no doubt an automatic washing machine, and is evidently going places!

Yeast Vite are still available today.

I was introduced to them by my gran years ago and still rate them as a handy boost when my eyelids start to droop at inappropriate times!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Apрreciating the persistence you put into your site andd in depth information you offer.
Ιt's great to come across a blog every ohce in a
while that isn't thee same out of date rehashed material.
Εxcellent reаd! I've bοokmarked your site and I'm injcluding your RSS feeds to my Google aϲcount.

Kelvin. said...

I just dug up an old yeast vite bottle in the garden. The house was built 1898. I've found quite a few interesting bottles here including a Victorian 2oz Bovril jar. The type that had a cork in the top. No screw thread cap.

Kelvin. said...

I got a yeast white little bottle today in the garden I'm working in the house was built in 1898 and as I've been digging in this huge garden I've been finding lots of interesting bottles including a Bovril jar 2 ounces circa 1898 and some clay marbles and also some police uniform buttons